Duct Sanitation – Universal Duct Cleaning
If your ducts are filled with dust or dirt, our specialized HEPA vacuums and cleaning systems are sufficient to return your house to cleanliness. However, if extensive mold, mildew, or bacteria are infesting your ducts, simply removing the visible matter may not be enough. Floods, broken sewage lines, vermin infestations, and other natural disasters can cause your duct work to become contaminated in such a way that may require sanitation in addition to cleaning. Universal Duct Cleaning offers these expert sanitation services in a way that is both effective for decontamination and safe for you and your family.
What Is Duct Sanitation?
Sanitation involves applying an antimicrobial chemical to kill bacteria and/or mold and to minimize the chance of re-contamination. However, unlike spraying your kitchen counter or cleaning your bathroom sink, duct sanitation must be done with care and only when necessary to kill excessive microbial growth. Inappropriate application of chemicals inside your air supply system can be harmful to your family, and only a reputable and experienced duct sanitation company should attempt this. At Universal Duct Cleaning, our technicians take the utmost care to sanitize only in safe and effective ways. Some of these include:
- Recommending sanitation only when mechanical cleaning is insufficient to prevent bacteria or mold from becoming a health hazard (e.g. after flood or sewage contamination, vermin infestations, etc.)
- Using only EPA-approved chemicals
- Using such chemicals only as prescribed
- Sanitizing only metal ducts and other non-porous parts of your HVAC system
- Maintaining proper ventilation
- Advising the homeowner about the specific pest the sanitation is designed to protect against
- Advising the homeowner about any protective actions they need to take, such as leaving the house during the chemical application.
If you’ve experienced a natural disaster or infestation that’s introduced harmful bacteria or mold growth into your airways, don’t wait. Such microbes can cause serious health problems for you and your family. Call us today for the Tidewater area’s best duct sanitation services at (757) 962-0419.